Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Curious eyes

A chubby girl

I was very chubby when I was a girl. I was chubby till I was a student and the Udayana University. People sometimes looked at me in certain feelings. One day I was standing in front desk at the BII office in Denpasar, a woman next to me pinched my chubby cheeks very hard, it hurt, but she laughed and said,"menggemeskan sekali pipinya". "maaf, sakit ya?"

That's a long time ago, but now I am not very chubby. While having breakfast in Stollhofer hotel in Inzing in table Zimmmer 7, there was a chubby girl, curly hair, chubby red cheeks, in long pants kept looking at me from top of my head to my toe. I felt funny that a girl was watching me with curious look. Her mom called her and she went to her mom but not long after that she came back watching me again.

Maybe she has never seen an Asian people before. A short, with black gray hair, flat nose, mata sipit, she must have wondered what kind of creature I was. I smiled at her which made her run to her mom.

There were 8 of them actually, four adults and four children. The adults were all large both men and women, the children were between 5 to 10 years old. They were very loud indeed but it did not bother me at all seeing my communal society background. I got used to being in the crowd ness areas.

That girl came back once more time watching me for the last time before they left the breakfast room. She kept looking at me. I was totally fine with it.

The next morning I had breakfast, that girl was not there anymore, I kind of missed her. No one was curious watching me anymore. 

No comments:

Post a Comment