Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Homeless People


It was surprising to me when my daughter and I walked along the way to Berkeley High School where she goes to study. I saw many people in ragged clothes sitting and chatting with each other in front of stores. There was a young couple hugging and kissing ignoring all people around them. I looked at them but my daughter pulled my hand saying, "Mom, it is very common here! Do not look at them!"
"Oops sorry hon! I just need to get used to all these new sites", I told my daughter.

We kept walking toward her school. Across the street from where we were walking I saw many people laying on the grass of the park, sitting or chatting. Their belongings were also around them. I asked my daughter about those people. She said that they are homeless people who chose the park as a place for staying.

I had left-over burrito (Mexican food) in my bag because it was too much for both of us. I took it out from my bag and dumped it in one of the trash bins. One of the girls in thick blanket took the food out from the trash bin and ate that left-over. I was so startled and also touched by that event.

I think that it was just one of the dark sides of the lives here in the US. It can be worse. Let's be grateful with what we have and what we are at the moment. Life is full of misery and mystery, we never know what will happen next.



No comments:

Post a Comment