Sunday, June 10, 2012

My First Blog 11 June 2012

Berkeley, 11 June 2012

Day One in Berkeley.

When I took a public bus for the first time in Solano with my daughter, she told me to prepare US$2.25 to go to Best Buy for checking some electronic devices. We waited at the bus stop for the bus No. 18 to arrive. After a while, the bus came. Kadek got onto the bus and showed her bus free pass. The driver was a female driver. I gave her my US$2,25 but she refused and said, "I never touch money". I got confused. "What do you want me to do?" I asked the driver.

"Just slide your money in that machine!" pointed out at the little machine with drawing of one american dollar on it.

My daughter came to me and helped me sliding the two bank notes to the machine. The ticket came out from the feeder. Kadek took the ticket and we sat somewhere in the back.
The bus arrived at the final depot, all the passengers got off the bus. Kadek said that we waited for another bus to arrive. The bus No. 7 then came. We got into the bus and showed my ticket to the driver, this time was a male driver. I was waiting for my ticket to be returned but the driver kept saying "thank you" while looking at me. Kadek finally told me that I did not need any ticket anymore.

We got off the bus tried to find the Best Buy. After walked and walked, we saw the store. We entered the store and got only an iPhone case.

We went back to Solano taking the bus no. 7. Kadek told me to prepare US$2,10. Well, that time I slider the bank notes into the machine and waited for the ticket coming out from the feeder, but it did not come out. I asked the driver,"Where is the ticket?"

Kadek said,"Mom, you do not get the ticket this time because you pay only US$2,10".

I got so confused. Anyway, I had a great time with my daughter hanging out in town after 5 months apart from her.

No comments:

Post a Comment